City Of Minneapolis Rental Criteria
Meraki Property Management & Consulting, LLC wants you to understand our City of St, Paul resident selection criteria before you fill out our application. Please read this document closely before filling out your application agreement. Application fees are non refundable if an application is denied. Our criteria is:
- Business Relationship. The relationship between a landlord and an applicant is a business relationship. A courteous and business like attitude is required from both parties. We reserve the right to deny an application to anyone who is verbally abusive, swears, is disrespectful, makes threats, has been drinking, or is argumentative at the time of the unit showing, application, and/or lease signing process that would cause management to believe there would not be a positive business relationship.
- Income Guidelines. Your monthly gross income must be at least 2.5% times the monthly rent amount for properties in St. Paul.
- Credit History. Meraki Property Management & Consulting, LLC will not use credit scores but will be using information from your credit report. Meraki Property Management & Consulting, LLC will be looking at information from your credit report, judgements, and collections
Meraki Property Management & Consulting, LLC will not consider medical or student loan debt
Non paid utility bills including cell phone, satellite, or cable bills in collections or judgements will be automatic denial. Outstanding balance or money due to landlord will be automatic denial
Applicants that withhold credit history or landlord history information will be denied.
- Housing history is considered in the application process; however, you will not be denied if you do not have any housing history. If an applicant in bad faith withholds housing history information that might otherwise form a basis for denial.
Unlawful Detainers filed within 3 years of application will be an automatic denial. If an applicant has an unlawful detainer that was settled or they won, documentation will be required to be submitted by the applicant, not the management company.
- Criminal History. Misdemeanors or gross misdemeanors that have dates of sentencing within 3 years of application will be denied. Applicants who have been convicted of the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance will be denied. Any member of the household who is subject to a lifetime sex offender registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will be denied. Felony offenses for which the dates of sentencing are within seven (7) years will be denied. Felony offenses for which the dates of sentencing are within ten (10) years will be denied
First-degree criminal sexual conduct
- Miscellaneous. Automatic disqualification for any false or intentionally omitted information on the application. If a background/credit check comes back as unverified, the applicant will need to provide a copy of their photo ID and social security card. If an applicant does not have a social security number, they will need to provide a copy of their passport. Co-Applicants will be screened as a combined unit.
- If additional documentation is required for any of the above criteria. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide this documentation within 48 hours of application.
THIRD-PARTY SCREENING AGENCY
All applications are processed by Rental History Reports.
Please direct all inquiries regarding your file to the following address:
Rental History Reports
7900 West 78th Street, Suite 400
Edina, MN 55439
Telephone (952) 545-3953 | (888) 389-4023